Friday, September 5, 2014

Those Quiet Little Days



Hi guys, it has been a little while since my last post. A little past three weeks.
One reason is, I just opened school and was settling in, another is I felt my last post was driven by experience and emotion instead of the Holy Spirit, I never want that to happen again.

Every Thursday is a free day for me in Uni, I have no classes on that day, I pretty much laze around the hostel, take a lot of tea and write in my diary, I meditate a lot and read the word of God. These Thursdays are always really amazing , sometimes in a happy way and sometimes in a sad way. Now this past Thursday was heavy, I got text messages from three different friends asking if I am doing ok and it only made it worse because I figured I was truly low in spirit and the Holy Spirit must have communicated. It was so bad that I was moody, I am rarely moody.

In my meditations I learnt a lot about myself, this life and God. Since I started this walk, my life has changed in a big way. I had a broken spirit without hope, my bones were drying up but now it is a broken spirit filled with hope in God's comfort.( For the creation was subject to frustration, not by its own choice but by the will of the one who subject it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God) On Thursday I sat in my bed taking my black tea and feeling bad about the things I had not achieved, the failures of my past and the separations of my present . It was difficult. The devil does steal, kill and destroy and that day he was set especially because I had dedicated the day for prayer. I am especially hard on myself when I set deadlines and do not meet them. In between the broken spirit and reading scripture, He shined. I can not tell you how much Jesus cares for you but my eyes well up with tears every time I think about it. Jesus is love, He is beautiful, gentle, He is warmth. Jesus is not of this world. Having an experience with Him is something that is truthful, it is something that cuts through your flesh, your bone, your soul and your spirit. He is The Great Love, He is comfort, He is the best of friends. Jesus Christ is light. If  your dreams have died, if your charisma has faded, if you are hopeless, if you have gotten ugly, if you are sick, if you held onto anything and there's never getting it back, you still have Jesus. It is ok, it will always be ok as long as you are a friend of God. If you have Jesus, you are blessed, you are fine, you are thriving. You may not think so because society dictates to be so many ways but if you have Jesus you have everything you will ever need.

The Lord, He draws all things to Himself, He has drawn Himself to you, hold onto Him, fill your mind, fill your heart, fill your stomach with Jesus. Let your lips speak unapologetically about Jesus. Never water down your love for Jesus. It is ok to be crazy about Him and for the world to know that you are. It is ok to be strange, conservative, hated, loved, cherished because you love Jesus. 

I want that glow, the Jesus glow. 

You know how we hear that Jesus loves us and He cares about us? Has anyone then ever told you that the devil, Satan, hates you, lies to you, wants you to gain the world and lose your soul, wants you to have a half experience of the truth, wants you to burn in hell for eternity? Now that I have, why do you still play on his side saying you're not yet ready to fully dedicate your life to Christ? Come as you are to Christ, with all your sin and weaknesses, come as you are, He is going to change you, just if you remain in Him. Be a friend of God and everything that is wrong is alright when you are a child of God.

Love always Hilda.

2 Corinthians 5.14 For Christ's love compels us, since we have reached this conclusion: If One died for all, then all died. 

Romans 5.8 But God shows His love for us that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.

Isaiah 55.1 "Come,everyone who thirsts, come to the waters, and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

1 John3.1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

2 comments:

  1. Very inspiring as always Hilda. Great way to begin the week. Looking forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks be to God for His Great love. ������

    ReplyDelete