Saturday, December 20, 2014

In General

It has probably been more than two months since I wrote. I would like to apologize for that, the past two months I have lived my life in between exams and projects. However that is not an excuse, I just never got myself down to write.

I realised this blog means a lot to me, I want to truly mean what I write it is one of the accountability functions of my life. I finally closed school and I am ready for the Christmas holiday where everyone gets leave and everything is on a discount sale. Looking forward to spending this time with family; in retrospect this year I have dwelt more on school and figuring out my career line. The semester that just finished has been the best one yet since I joined. I met so many new and amazing people, perhaps that saying I think by Will Smith is true whereby you are asked to do your best and everything else will fall in place. However I look at it more as obedience to God that comes with many blessings. I have met very inspirational lecturers , very talented and intellectual human beings and also very deep and wise people. It has been so amazing, being surrounded by those people every day has been such a blessing.


This last year if there is something I learnt it is to be alone. Being alone turned out to be such a gift, At the beginning of the year I lost my friends and I had to be on my own until God allowed for new ones. It was extremely painful and I probably looked depressed but gradually I learnt so much about my true character. It was a bitter sweet journey, It came to my attention that I depended heavily 
on them for identity and i felt lost when they were gone but eventually I began to gather my strengths and my grades, my family relationships and my self image improved tremendously. What I value above all else however was the personal relationship I got with Christ, it was so strong and so tangible I felt like I walked side by side with Him, in fact many times I mummer 'thanks God' you would think I am demented because sometimes I say it so loudly looking over my shoulder. I also came to love books this year, I still do not read as much as I used to when I was younger but I am getting there.  


With all the blessings that came this semester I must say I did get a little bit lost in them. I got carried away and centered myself in the busyness. I got so exhausted at one point and realised how I had made my life so busy and pushed away from Christ, I am so grateful to have become aware of this. I also observed that we can get on a high horse when everything is working out for us yet I have never desired a trait more than that of humility. So many lessons so much to write but I know not many read long posts so I will leave it from here. Catch you on my next post which will be more specific.

Love always,
          Hilda

PS

Joshua 1.8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips;meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

3 comments:

  1. I still regard our new friendship born this sem to be a big plus despite the recent unfortunate bumpy period...it's one of the things I'm most proud of (our friendship)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you Hilda. At times we find ourselves lost but we find our way. God is amazing both in our difficult time and good times. Please pray for me

    ReplyDelete