Sunday, July 6, 2014

A lot..

Whoever said the journey is easy lied, it is extremely difficult. I think mainly because we are in this body that came short of the glory of God a long long time ago. 1 Peter 4. 18 says it well, And, "If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"




The struggle with sin is not just for baby Christians it is also for the mature ones. In fact the more you grow in Christ the more you see how terrible you really are, the more you realize you need Christ and only He can make you Holy, no wonder God said only He is good. The Bible says that we should keep awake for the adversary the devil is always on the look out for someone to devour. The Bible also says that we should walk by the Spirit.

Last week was a bit strange for me. I made a serious back track. Fell back to things I had thought I had over come. What a troubled soul I became after. I figured we live and we learn, but how many times are we living and learning. God is one of grace and forgiveness but sin hinders our growth in Him, hinders the beautiful intimacy with God that we are called for. I am starting to become more and more aware of the sin in my life that I would probably not have noticed maybe 6 months ago.


It is a bitter sweet place to be. I now realize I am in for a lot of loss. Everything is starting to change now, even my dreams and aspirations. Through all this I put my trust in God for He knows best. He has what is best, I mean He is God. I am not talking about materialism but rather my soul, the person I am, He is doing wonders and works that I know I am have no reality of as of now.

Consistency and readiness. Am I really ready to lose everything for Christ? I have pondered on this and my answer is yes. So help me God. I know it will be hard but I have my Bible and God to guide me. I want to live and grow and glorify Him all the days of my life. He is all there is and anything outside Him is useless. To love God to my last breath to my very last breath.

Bring it on! But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. Philippians 3.7
 Love always Hilda.

PS Mark 8.36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?
    Mark 12.30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'
     Ecc 11.9 You who are young, be happy while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment.
   

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you dear. Peace and blessings manifest in every lesson learned. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. John 3:16. This verse may be well known but not so many people reflect on what it means to sacrifice your only holy son. As per now, there's nothing that we can offer the Lord that would ever make us worthy of Him. But He still loves us and giving praise and worshipping the Almighty is all we can do.
    Thanks Hilda <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 Corinthians 12 : 9 God's grace is always sufficient for us. His power is made perfect in our weakness. We should thus put our trust in Him wholly as we wait to experience His power. We may stumble but God won't let us fall if we choose to remain in Him.

    Thank you for being an inspiration Hilda :)

    ReplyDelete